Bladen UNITY Fest – Vendor Availability, Leisure, Donations Wanted – BladenOnline.com
Top photo by: Lindsey Banks of QT Vision Studio LLC
In the picture – top row [Right to left]: Jabre Moore, Sergeant-At-Arms Education: Wallace Rose Hill (2011 Class), DJ Mason, Secretary Education: West Bladen High School (2012 Class) Bottom Row [Right to left] Jermail Rogers, Vice President Education: West Bladen High School (2011 Class), Imani Coleman, Treasurer Education: West Bladen High School (2012 Class), Qualynn McDowell, President Education: West Bladen High School (2011 Class)
Posted by Cara Beth Lewis
The Bladen UNITY Fest is a three day event that includes a networking event, carnival day, and evangelism. The UNITY Fest is presented by QT Vision Studio and Melanin Magic Trap. The emerging organization is founded by two West Bladen High School alumni, Qualynn McDowell and Jermail Rogers.
The weekend event begins on Friday, September 3, 2021. The Friday event is a Trap Vision networking brunch with special guest speakers, a brunch with Chef Court Curbside Cuisine, live performances, an art gallery and a fashion show. The topics discussed by the guest speakers are How To Start A Business 101, Branding / Marketing 101, Credit Awareness and Mental Health Check.
Day two, Community Carnival Day, includes live performances, free food for kids, a pop-up shop with local businesses, games, and entertainment. Admission is free, but the organizers ask for donations of school supplies.
The last event of the weekend is “Gospel Fest Xplosion”. This is an opportunity for the community to come together to spread the love of God. There is free food and well-stocked book bags for children. With the support of Unity Fest 2020, Unity Fest Inc. has donated over 90 book bags filled with school supplies to East and West Bladen High Schools and local youth in North Carolina, and they plan to do so again this year.
Unity Fest Inc is currently looking for the following participants:
- Children ages 0-17 can register to attend Unity Fest Inc.’s Royal Court Pageant 2021.
- Talented artists can virtually audition to showcase their talents live at Unity Fest 2021. (Singers, musicians, rappers, poets, groups)
- Artists can virtually audition to showcase their talents at the Unity Fest 2021 Art Show (painters, draftsmen, sculptors, photographers) [Virtual Auditions submissions will be accepted until August 20th]
- Models of all shapes, colors or sizes for a virtual audition for the chance to model at the Unity Fest 2021 fashion show. [Virtual Auditions submissions will be accepted until August 20th]
- Fashion design and boutique sellers can register at Bladenunityfest.org to become a Unity Fest 2021 Fashion Show Designer (Get the chance to benefit from and showcase your designs)
- Vendors must register their companies to participate in Unity Fest Inc.’s Community Day & Gospel Xplosion Event 2021
- UNITY Furious Wheels Car-Bike Show & UNITY BakeOff registrations
- Choirs must register to receive an official Gospel Xplosion invitation from Unity Fest Inc.
- Sponsors (Sponsorship packages available. Email [email protected] to learn more about Unity Fest Inc. sponsorship options)
Unity Fest Inc. is currently accepting the following donations:
- School supplies
- Book bags
- Hand sanitizer
- Donation of services
Unity Fest Inc. is currently receiving its 5031 (c) tax exempt status to qualify as a not-for-profit organization, which qualifies it for grant programs to provide such resources. All donations and fundraising are currently used to make these resources available to the youth, businesses, athletes, artists, and the community of Bladen and our surrounding counties.