The Evangelical Cellular Well being Bus is again for well being screenings this September; Help teams proceed | Areas
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania – Evangelical Mobile Health is back to deliver preventative health services to your community! The 38-foot mobile health bus will travel to Montour, Snyder and Union Counties this September with glucose, blood pressure and bone density screenings. In addition, Community Health and Wellness will host the Bariatric, Empty Arms, and Life After Loss support groups this month.
Please note that a mask is required for all evangelical presentations and events for the safety of all participants. Physical distancing and the use of disinfectants / hand washing are recommended whenever possible.
Health bus stops in September
- Free blood sugar and blood pressure tests: Tuesday, September 7, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Buckholder’s Farm Market, intersection of Route 54 and Route 254, Washingtonville
- Free blood sugar and blood pressure tests: Thursday, September 2, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. American Legion Post # 44, 309 Point Township Drive, Northumberland
- Free blood sugar and blood pressure tests: Wednesday September 15, 11 am-2pm at the Degenstein Public Library, 40 South 5th Street, Sunbury
- Free bone density screenings: Wednesday, September 1, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the Middlecreek Area Community Center, 67 Elm Street, Beaver Springs
- Comprehensive blood tests: Tuesday, September 14, 7 a.m. – 10 a.m. at Middleburg Livestock Auction, 6592 US Route 522, Middleburg. There is a $ 50 fee. Call (570) 768-3200 for appointments
- Free blood sugar and blood pressure tests:
- Wednesday, September 8, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Wenger’s Grocery Outlet, 311 East Chestnut Street, Mifflinburg
- Thursday, September 9th, 9 am-2pm at the Buffalo Valley Produce Auction, 22 Violet Road, Mifflinburg
- Free blood sugar and blood pressure tests; free bone density screenings; Lipid Point of Care CheckThursday, September 16, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Miller Center for Recreation and Wellness, 120 Hardwood Drive, Lewisburg
- Free bone density screening: Tuesday, September 21, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at the West End Library, 45 Ball Park Road, Laurelton
- Free blood sugar and blood pressure tests: September 23, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Weis Markets, 65 Meadow Green Drive, Mifflinburg
September support groups
Wednesday, September 1, 6 p.m. at Surgical Specialists of Evangelical, 25 Lystra Rogers Drive, Lewisburg. This month there is an open discussion. Please call (570) 768-3139 to register.
Life after the loss
Thursdays, September 16 – October 21, 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., Hospice of Evangelical, 235 Hospital Drive, Lewisburg. The weekly sessions cover the following topics: Introduction and history of loss, the normal process of grieving, depression and anger, guilt and forgiveness, letting go and saying goodbye and taking care of yourself: new beginning. The program requires a minimum of six participants and is limited to 20 participants. Registration fee $ 20. To register, call (570) 522-2157 by September 8, 2021.
Monday, September 20, 7 p.m., at a location yet to be determined. This support group is aimed at individuals who have lost a baby. For more information or to sign up, call (570) 522-2378.
Our content is free, but our journalists work hard. 100% of your contribution to NorthcentralPa.com goes directly to helping us cover important news and events in our area. Thanks for saying local news matters!
Comments are closed.